What is coherency ?Cohenrency is a mode that exists only in Janus-UAE. It allows opening UAE windows directly on the top of Wanderer, as if they were normal programs, and not emulated. So the emulation is almost transparent for the user.
Janus-UAE tip&tricks :Read this first : https://sourceforge.net/projects/janus-uae/files/janus-uae/janus-uae%20v1.4/ (download and extract the archive, it contains a “coherency guide” to help understanding and configuring janus-uae as a service for icaros).
- First : you must “integrate Amiga Forever”, or at least integrate sys, work and rom directory.
- Second : after the copy script you need to launch “Screenmode” from the Amibridge menu. It opens a window with amiga os running, with screenmode prefs program. You must choose the same resolution than your wanderer.
- Get out, close iconX window.
- If janus-uae stays blank (gray), read this article : janus-uae windows stays blank
- Third : you launch “Workbench”. You’ll see your amiga emulated window having a weird position… You must : ctrl-alt-j to open janus-uae parameters window. Click “Stop”.
- In “Display”, choose “full screen”, “correct aspect”, and select an “Aros screen resolution” which is the same as your wanderer. Click Start.
- In the emulated Workbench file menu, unclick “backdrop”. Make the Workbench Window containing only the disks icons, then “snapshot all”.
- Fourth : ctrl-alt-j to open janus-uae parameters window again. In integration, put “coherency” on “enabled”. The Amiga OS 3 windows should appear in top of Wanderer.
- Fifth : If you are happy with it, you can now make it permanent.
The end of this tutorial is below, please show me your support in registering ! you’ll then be able to access all the articles, and all the free downloads !
- Close janus-uae, and re-run it.
Do not :
- Choose to launch Amibridge at startup, it often crashes…