DIY : transparently emulate an amiga 4000 on ubuntu linux that boots like if you were on a real amiga (20s)
everyone seems to have some little emulated amiga, so here is my way. it allows me to test many things i couldn’t be able to test on my real amiga 1200
i like to do things by myself, and share my knowledge with peoples, so this is manual configuration, from the installation of your OS to the end point
this amiga launch in less than 25s, but i think I can make it even faster
it boots up in 20s after some tweaking
- you need rom files and workbench files to be able to have an amiga running under an emulator
- personnaly I have Amiga Forever 2010, so i have everything that I need.
- a spare computer, with some good processor, some memory, and a nice case
- personnaly, I have a celeron G1620 + 8Gb RAM + SSD 128Gb + a WONDERFULL X500 Plus amiga like case, perfect to host my emulated amiga
- an iso file of ubuntu 16.04LTS or 12.04LTS
it uses fs-uae (which is now very fast if compared to itself 3 years ago – in 2013). it is better than wine+winuae now.
all those steps are made for ubuntu 16.04LTS
host OS install and configuration
YOUR TUTORIAL IS BELOW, remember it’s a huge work to write those tutorials, please show me your support in registering ! You will then access all the free downloads and all the tutorials.
still to come
more tweaking (splash screen, plymouth…)
splash screen and grub settings : https://doc.ubuntu-fr.org/superbootmanager
a little video ?